Seriously, I have an Oreo addiction, and hereby I solemnly promise to hold off on any more Oreo recipes – right after this post! Summer has finally kicked in for us Torontonians, and the last thing you want to do on a hot and humid day is turn on the stove or the oven. That’s why this recipe is too simple and too delicious to pass up on – the total baking time is 10 minutes! And it’s even more tempting since it combines oreo cookies, strawberries and whipping cream in the deliciousness that is a picnic-perfect pie!
I got this idea from My Baking Addiction and just tweaked it a little bit to embrace the summer and my tastes. I used a salty graham cracker crust to cut through the sweetness, added cut strawberries and strawberry puree to the filling, and used mini oreos instead of the original ones.
These pies refrigerate very well and keep for at least a couple of days – if they last this long. Pop them into the freezer for an hour if you’re planning on taking them to a picnic, and these babies won’t melt on you! It’s light and airy, with the crunch and sweetness of Oreo cookies and strawberries. Enjoy alongside the harbour front!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag of mini Oreo cookies (roughly 2 cups), save 24 for decorations, and cut the remaining ones in half
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream or 2 cups cool-whip
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped into small pieces (save 2 for decoration)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and pureed
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and salt. Press into two 9-inch pie crusts. I wanted mini pies, so I used four smaller pie pans – but I’m not sure of the exact size of them. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, and then let cool.
- In a bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add in the strawberry puree and mix until well combined.
- Switch over to a spatula, and gently fold in the whipped cream or cool whip. Lastly, add in the cut oreo cookies and chopped strawberries.
- Spoon evenly into your two (or four) pie crusts and smooth down. Decorate with the oreo cookies you set aside, and top with half of a strawberry.
- Refrigerate or eat right away, the choice is yours! Or grab your picnic blanket and go outside with one of these pies!