Move over, triple chocolate chip cookie! Move over! A new cookie has come to town, and it’s going to own y’all old-fashioned, traditional cookies! Well, at least that’s my opinion on how this showdown would go down between these melting moments (with a new twist) and any other ordinary chocolate cookie. Yes, tradition and simplicity has its time, but tonight was not it. My kitchen senses demanded that I attempt these melting moment cookies after a failed attempt that I did not dare blog about. Let’s just say that rocks would have been tastier than those cookies. Anyhow, this time, they were indeed MELTING and not shattering my teeth, which is always an indicator of success! These cookies are taken from Donna Hay’s Modern Classics 2 (I’m currently in love with her book!) but with a twist! Since I still had almond meal left over, I substituted 1/2 cup of flour for 1/2 cup almond meal. I added a teaspoon of cinnamon for some added depth, and then of course the major changes: dark chocolate shavings inside the batter (because shavings melt easier in your mouth!), semi sweet chocolate dipping for one half of the cookies, white chocolate dipping for the other half of the cookie, and a rich chocolate ganache that is probably in sandwich heaven between two melting moment cookies.
Bon appetit & you’re welcome =) Also, I do not take responsibility regarding the breaking of diet vows and such!
Meltin Moments Ingredients (adapted from Donna Hay’s Modern Classics 2)
- 6 oz butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate shavings (or mini chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate for dipping
- 1/2 cup white chocolate for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter, icing sugar, and vanilla in bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, almond meal, cornstarch and cinnamon until combined.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag, and pipe 1inch rounds onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silpad. Allow some room for spreading.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden.
Chocolate Ganache Recipe can be found here.
- Melt semi sweet chocolate and white chocolate in separate bowls. Use double boiler or microwave.
- Dip half the cookies in the semi sweet chocolate, and the other half in white chocolate. Lay on parchment paper until cooled and dry.
- Spread the chocolate ganache onto one side of the melting moments, and top off with another, making sure it’s always white & semi sweet chocolate covered melting moments together.
- Eat, eat, eat!