Just because something is easy, doesn’t mean that it’s not tasty, and no, it doesn’t undermine you as a baker-wannabe! These swirly sticks are about as easy as it’ll get, especially since I used store-bought puff pastry. And I’d also like to point out that taking a few shhortcuts doesn’t make you a bad baker-wannabe either! So, you’ll need three ingredients if you’re able to pull yourself away from pretenses and use store-bough puff pastry. But if you like, you can of course make it yourself. Except then, it won’t be quick and easy, which was the whole point for this recipe =)
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescents
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Unroll dough, and separate into 4 rectangles. Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten out each rectangle, and squeeze together the pre-made perforations to seal them.
- Brush two of the rectangles with the melted butter and sprinkle about 1 tbsp of the cinnamon sugar mix onto each rectangle.
- Top each rectangle with remaining dough. Press edges together lightly.
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut each rectangle lengthwise into six strips.
- Twist each strip four or five times and place onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from baking sheet, brush tops with butter and sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top.
- Let cool and snack away. Try to remember to share!