He paints on the walls. Which is what I did. Sorta.
Well, for those who don’t know: my oven broke. As in, it’s kaputt. As in, no more cookies, right? Well, that’s where you’re wrong. And thank goodness for that, because a house without cookies, especially when it’s mine, is a very very sad house.
So here I present you with my favourite no-bake peanut butter cocoa drop cookies. They are delicious, soft, chewy and chok-full of chocolate. Mmmm-yum! And the best part is that they are so easy! And good for you, to boot!
They look quite dark in these pictures because a) I used pure cocoa and b) my lighting in my kitchen is the bane of my existence. So in the meantime, you get the idea that they look ten times better than how they do in these photos.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups oatmeal – use quick cook oats, NOT instant oatmeal. This way, it’s almost healthy and good for you!
- Combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until the mixture starts to boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oatmeal and quickly stir until combined.
- Drop teaspoons onto parchment paper and let cool.
- Eat and eat and eat. Yes, that’s it: only 4 steps to chocolate delight!